As great as our instructors are (and they are amazing!), consider how much you can be mentally stimulated by your fellow participants in the classes and workshops we offer.
For example, here’s a rundown of the topics that participants brought with them to work on—in our recent How to Create Creative Nonfiction class with Christopher Johnston:
• An exploration into the art of handmade archery bows.
• A history of drag racing in Cleveland.
• A perspective on changes in religion in Cleveland in the last 50 years.
• Dealing with children that have neurological disabilities.
• Power walking and meditation.
• Gender and social issues from a combined Cleveland/India perspective.
• Chinese gang wars in the 1920s.
• Behind-the-scenes experiences in TV and radio offices in New York City and Cleveland.
• Health aspects of climate change.
• History of transit in Cleveland.
• A look at the #MeToo movement through various age groups.
• Using the wisdom of people to heal racial and economic divides.
Whew! And that’s just one class…full of fascinating, involved, and sharing participants. To join a class yourself, start here. To learn more about the structure and philosophy of our workshops, click here.
To create a strong community of readers and writers in Cleveland, Ohio through workshops, classes, readings and other events.